Elizabeth Pringle JohnsonPartner
Elizabeth Pringle Johnson brings enthusiasm and forward thinking to her clients’ transactional matters, which involve commercial real estate, contract negotiation and drafting, and banking. She also spearheads Hanszen Laporte’s residential loan program, which provides clients with loan packages for Texas Home Equity Loans and Texas Residential Construction Loans. As the former general counsel and senior vice president for a Texas-based real estate investment trust, she offers an insider’s perspective on what her clients want and need from an attorney.
An innovative contract drafter, Elizabeth was one of the first attorneys to negotiate cable television rights contracts for various sports leagues and franchises in the late 1980s, including the Southwest Conference. Most recently, she has been working with a California-based technology company on extensive contract negotiation, drafting of complex loyalty program documents, information tracking agreements, processing agreements, and co-investment agreements.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- J.D. — University of Alabama (Top 5%, Alabama Law Review, American Jurisprudence Award for Best Paper: Future Interests, Evidence, Property II and Decedent’s Estates)
- B.A. — University of Alabama, magna cum laude (Phi Beta Kappa, John Ramsey Award for the Outstanding Junior at University, Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honorary, Anderson Society Leadership Honorary)
- AV Preeminent — Martindale–Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- All Courts of the State of Texas
- Commercial Real Estate Network (CREN)
- Board of Directors and President-Elect (2018), Women's Finance Exchange, Houston
- Board of Directors and former Chair Person — Special Programs (2015-2016), Women's Finance Exchange, Houston
- President, Lanier Middle School PTO
- Executive Board, West University Elementary
- Executive Board, St. Agnes Academy
- President, Heart of Texas Chapter of National Charity League
- Christian Community Service Center
- Medical Bridges
- Memorial Hermann Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Star of Hope
- Easter Seals