Matthew R. LudowigPartner
Matthew is a seasoned litigator, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, and former General Counsel, with substantial experience advising clients on a diverse range of legal matters. Matthew’s forte is translating complicated and nuanced legalese into practical and actionable advice that blends with each client’s business strategy. In doing so, Matthew leverages his background as both a corporate attorney and litigator for more than 10 years, having argued a sizeable number of cases in both district and military courts, as well as administrative boards.
A significant portion of Matthew’s practice resides in the healthcare space, representing a diverse mix of pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmacies, startup telemedicine platforms, and individual healthcare providers. To that end, Matthew provides services including but not limited to:
- General Counsel services, focusing on corporate structure, contracts, employment, and risk management;
- Healthcare compliance, focusing on matters related to the corporate practice of medicine, HIPPA, telemedicine, prescribing controlled substances, and dispensing/distribution of compounded preparations under Section 503A and 503B of the FD&C Act;
- Internal investigations arising from lack of compliance, including financial and employment matters, issuing an objective assessment and corrective action plan;
- Litigation, focusing on representation of medical professionals before various state boards of pharmacy, nursing, and medicine;
- Licensing & Accreditation, aiding and assisting with applications for licensure, renewal, and voluntary accreditations.
Matthew invests in his clients, dedicating his time, energy, and focus towards understanding their unique needs, and working with them to create, implement, and execute a successful legal strategy.
While away from the office, he proudly serves as a Captain in the United States Air Force, stationed at Keesler AFB, Mississippi. He is an equally proud husband and father of two young sons.
“Anticipate problems and prepare to overcome obstacles. Don’t wait until you get to the top of the ridge and then make up your mind.” – Maj Richard Winters
- South Texas College of Law (J.D. 2011)
- University of Mississippi (B.A. 2007)
- All Courts of the State of Texas
- United States Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals