John CoxSenior Counsel
With over 20 years of experience representing financial institutions, small and medium businesses and high net worth individuals, John’s practice focuses on real estate and business transactions. John brings a wide variety of expertise in his representation emphasizing practical advice and counsel to his clients designed to maximize their desired results in an effective manner. Additionally, as the former owner of a title agency, John brings specific expertise in title and real estate matters along with probate issues that affect those matters. John earned a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Juris Doctor at the University of Arkansas.
John represents Fortune 500 companies as well as small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals in matters involving real estate, real estate and title and title insurance issues, commercial and real estate transactions, financial and security interests, contract claims and probate matters. John believes in ascertaining the Client’s practical needs and desires and creating a specific plan to address those as quickly and economically as possible.
“I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”
– Winston Churchill
- J.D. — University of Arkansas, 1995
- B.S.A. — University of Arkansas, 1992
- All Courts of the State of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Former Member – Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas