H. Mark BurckSenior Counsel
Having tried more than 100 cases to verdict throughout the state of Texas, Mark Burck offers clients a depth of trial experience uncommon among many lawyers today. He guides individuals and businesses through complex litigation concerning personal injury, premises liability, construction defects, product liability, and commercial disputes. A significant portion of his practice focuses on cases involving trucking. Mark’s diverse expertise also includes cases involving carnivals and amusement parks.
Mark successfully resolved catastrophic injury and death cases for both defendants and plaintiffs in matters all across Texas. A skilled negotiator, he can also resolve disputes without going to trial, when appropriate.
A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.
- J.D. — Southern Methodist University, 1986
- B.S./B.A., Finance — University of Florida, 1982
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law — Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy — National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified in Civil Practice Advocacy — National Board of Trial Advocacy
- AV Preeminent — Martindale–Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Texas Super Lawyer, Personal Injury: Defense (10-year honor)
- All Courts of the State of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi)
- Trucking Insurance Defense Association
- Good Steward Global Initiative
- Mentor, Child Protective Services, Foster Kids Program
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
- St. Francis Episcopal Day School
- Houston Ballet